Question

base profile

• 5 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I have my PM users connected to a PM profile and a limited license. The PM users also have their personal profiles enabled, why is it that when I make a change to the PM profile the change does not reflect the user?  

With full license users I don't run into this problem. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hello @amin.shatat,

It is easy to provide a clue if you can explain the exact change you done and what happened to the limited license users (with some screenshots).

As a general reason, personal profile change can override the base profile change. You can confirm this by emptying the whole personal profile/ relevant node for both limited and full users. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi thank you for the quick response - to clarify a personal profile takes precedent over a base profile?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hello @amin.shatat,

Personal profile changes always work on top of the base profile. So we have seen some situations like personal profile overrides the base profile if end-user have required permissions to do so. 

As an example even though admin pushes the pre-set column order for a specific window through the base profile, if end-user have  column chooser access then end-users can change the column order by themselves then that change saves in personal profile. In that case the initial base profile change will appear only if that relevant personal profile node deleted.

There can be more complicated scenarios. Therefore it is bit difficult to give the exact reason to a profile related issues without knowing the exact situation.