Question

Availability set and zone of Azure

• 11 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,
Is there any problem to run IFS Applications 10 on Azure VMs in Availability Set and Availability Zone?

I don't understand 100 % of these Azure redundancy functionalities. If you have any experience and tips, please share with me.

Thanks.
Kazu

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @CheKazuAz ,

As per my knowledge there will be no problem to run IFS Application 10 on Azure VMs with Windows 2012 Server R2 and Windows 2016 Server OSs. But if you are willing to deploy IFS Application 10 on Azure VMs, there are list of Mandatory components such as such as Reverse Proxy, Middleware Server, and Database Server to be deployed on Azure VMs. However, the solution will be provided after performing a proper compatibility check based on your requirement.

Regarding the Azure redundancy function, you can have an idea by referring following Microsoft Documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-redundancy

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Jeewaka.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @CheKazuAz ,

As per my knowledge there will be no problem to run IFS Application 10 on Azure VMs with Windows 2012 Server R2 and Windows 2016 Server OSs. But if you are willing to deploy IFS Application 10 on Azure VMs, there are list of Mandatory components such as such as Reverse Proxy, Middleware Server, and Database Server to be deployed on Azure VMs. However, the solution will be provided after performing a proper compatibility check based on your requirement.

Regarding the Azure redundancy function, you can have an idea by referring following Microsoft Documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-redundancy

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Jeewaka.  

Hi @CheKazuAz,

Adding some info to above reply, I found following info from Supported Platforms for the various versions of IFS Applications document. You can have a look on that document via the attached document.

Hope this helps you to clarify your concern as well.

Cheers!

Jeewaka.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Jeewaka,
Thank you for your comments.
What I recently understood about Availability Set and Availability Zone, they are a kind of cluster of VMs, they aren't a replication. So we need to set up OS and other necessary software on each VM and to set them up as a cluster, then we need a load balancer. I thought Apache can be a soft load balancer for this cluster, but you mentioned "Reverse Proxy". Ok, I need to learn more about it. Thank you for your information again.
Best regards,
Kazu

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Jeewaka,
Thank you for your comments.
What I recently understood about Availability Set and Availability Zone, they are a kind of cluster of VMs, they aren't a replication. So we need to set up OS and other necessary software on each VM and to set them up as a cluster, then we need a load balancer. I thought Apache can be a soft load balancer for this cluster, but you mentioned "Reverse Proxy". Ok, I need to learn more about it. Thank you for your information again.
Best regards,
Kazu

Hi @CheKazuAz,

Pleasure to help you. :relaxed:  Yes, you are correct, you need to have separate VMs for each components. Below attached IFS10 Architecture.png diagram would help you to understand the architecture.

Regarding the Load balancer, in the same document I shared in the previous reply, there is a section called “Load Balancing” . By referring that, you can get an idea about how the load balancing applies to the System.

Load Balancing

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Jeewaka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @CheKazuAz,

Did you find the above answers helpful? :blush:It would be nice to hear your feedback.

Regards,