Question

Automatic backup / export of profiles, permission sets, etc?

• 2 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

Has anyone discovered a way to schedule automatic backup/exports of permission sets, profiles, and/or anything else that might be relevant in Apps 10?   I’ve been doing it manually, and it’d be really useful if we could find some sort of automated process for this. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry I am not aware of any in APPS 10, but to be honest I cannot say that I have tried.   Would be a good option.  

You can export multiple profiles/permission sets but to automate this, not sure.

You could try switching debug on and exporting one or more and seeing what calls are made.  This would give you an idea.   I haven't tried this here so you would have to see.

Once known, it may be possible to use PL/SQL with one or more Cursors to create an custom event, if successful then you might then be able to schedule this. 

I am not logged onto our servers so cannot provide you with certainty that this would work.

Stay safe. 

John

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this?

Debugging doesn’t show anything at all on exporting profiles.

Could we locate to profile as a file somewhere on the server ?

Vh. Kresten

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We tried using new Database Tasks and select the export APIs. Unfortunately its not allowed to use those due to some character limitations.

I could imagine custom code would have to be written and scheduled, but we do not have yet the skills/resources to accomplish this.