Solved

Automated User Creation

• 11 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi!

Have any one have any input how to solve automated user creation? I know there's is the AD sync, but haven't tried this yet, how is for example the HR Module solved? Thinking of when users move between departments or roles, also if there are any input on the Maintenance side work order reassignment?

We are in the O&G and offshore personnel are changing position very often.

All this in Apps10

/Karl

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 11 November 2019, 17:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi!

Have any one have any input how to solve automated user creation? I know there's is the AD sync, but haven't tried this yet, how is for example the HR Module solved? Thinking of when users move between departments or roles, also if there are any input on the Maintenance side work order reassignment?

All this in Apps10

/Karl

The user would be global though and not change just because you move between companies/sites?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi!

All this in Apps10

/Karl

The user would be global though and not change just because you move between companies/sites?

Correct - But they move between different sites and different roles. I guess you can´t be a member of more than one HR/Positions, now I thinking of Procurement/Authorization/Purchase Auth.

I think the user creation part is easy, but to do the other layers that´s what I need input on.

/Karl

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, 

Have you looked into implementing Role Mappings while synchronizing AD? 

You will have to configure AD user groups and the corresponding IFS user groups so that the role mappings can be set. Once configured, to change a role mapping, you could add the user to the corresponding group in AD and the sync job should take care of the role mapping in the application side. 

Please refer the following extract from F1 doc attached. Hope this helps!

The relevant page is: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/210_security/010_users/100_active_directory_sync/hidden_itd/032_role_mappings.htm

*Admin Update: Replaced wit link with docs link (April 2020)

Userlevel 7

Hi!

All this in Apps10

/Karl

Correct - But they move between different sites and different roles. I guess you can´t be a member of more than one HR/Positions, now I thinking of Procurement/Authorization/Purchase Auth.

I think the user creation part is easy, but to do the other layers that´s what I need input on.

/Karl

You can bulk-shift HR organization and positions from Human Resources\Employee Management\Employment\Organization and Position Assignments. 

The question is a little bit too vague to give you a good answer.