Solved

Aurena Configured Field Displays in Page Designer but not on Page

• 7 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I added a custom field to a page in Aurena with Page Designer. The field shows on the page in preview mode through Page Designer. I clicked save and publish and exited Page Designer. At this point the custom field was no longer displayed. If I re-enter Page Designer the custom field shows in preview. If I wait an hour or so the custom field will start displaying on the page without needing to be in Page Designer. Is there something I need to run to cause changes in Page Designer to display on the page after clicking save and publish?

I am using IFS 10 update 9.

icon

Best answer by anmise 10 December 2020, 06:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

On IFS 10 update 7 the field would display after waiting a couple of hours. We recently updated to 10 update 9 and now after a couple of hours the field is only showing in Page Designer and not on the page even after waiting a couple of hours.

Userlevel 7

On IFS 10 update 7 the field would display after waiting a couple of hours. We recently updated to 10 update 9 and now after a couple of hours the field is only showing in Page Designer and not on the page even after waiting a couple of hours.

I have never had this issue. 

1. Is this for a specific screen, if so which screen? 
  2. What type of field is it? 
  3. Are you adding the fields to the Global context or a user-defined context?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
    1. I’ve recreated this issue on multiple screens.
    1. I’ve tried fields, lookup, tabs, groups, and selectors. None of the changes made in Page Designer are applying to the page.
    1. I am working entirely in the global context.
Userlevel 7
    1. I’ve recreated this issue on multiple screens.
    1. I’ve tried fields, lookup, tabs, groups, and selectors. None of the changes made in Page Designer are applying to the page.
    1. I am working entirely in the global context.

Very strange. As I said, I’ve never had this issue. Just as a test, can you add the following script as a bookmark in Chrome, click it and see if that makes a difference?

javascript:void(window.location.href = '/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache?USERGROUPS=TRUE');

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I gave that a shot and I’m not seeing a change in behavior after following that clearmetadatacache link.

We did reboot the server yesterday. All of the changes that were visible in Page Designer and not on the screen were visible on the screen after the reboot. New changes made in Page Designer after the reboot are not publishing to the screen. Rebooting the server to see every change isn’t a viable workaround. Any thoughts on what needs to be done to get changes made in Page Designer to publish to the screen?

Userlevel 7

I gave that a shot and I’m not seeing a change in behavior after following that clearmetadatacache link.

We did reboot the server yesterday. All of the changes that were visible in Page Designer and not on the screen were visible on the screen after the reboot. New changes made in Page Designer after the reboot are not publishing to the screen. Rebooting the server to see every change isn’t a viable workaround. Any thoughts on what needs to be done to get changes made in Page Designer to publish to the screen?

Sounds like there’s some kind of cache issue if a reboot solved it. I haven't seen this happen before. 

Can you try using the following for the screen you are testing on? 
https://<server>:<port>/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache?VALUE=<client_model>  

When you publish, can you have Chrome Debug open and see if there are any errors?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Sounds like there’s some kind of cache issue if a reboot solved it. I haven't seen this happen before. 

Can you try using the following for the screen you are testing on? 
https://<server>:<port>/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache?VALUE=<client_model>  

When you publish, can you have Chrome Debug open and see if there are any errors?

I am not seeing errors in the debug console when publishing.

The screen updated after pointing the browser to that URL. Thank you so much. This workaround will get us back going.