Solved

Aurena Agent

• 27 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello all, 

My team and I are fairly new to IFS APPS 10 Aurena and are in the process of migrating from IFS APPS 10 IEE to Aurena. We have recently discovered Aurena Agent but the documentation around this seems fairly limited. Is there any getting started docs or material that discusses how to get started with the various features of Aurena Agent. IE Opening up an external application (Can we pass in parameters, is this added to a command group or a macro, how would we implement etc?) 

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 28 July 2023, 13:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello, Have you had a read through the technical documentation on Aurena Agent?

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/020_installation/400_installation_options/040_aurena_agent/default.htm

Badge +1

Hello, I have read throught the documentation as I said “We have recently discovered Aurena Agent but the documentation around this seems fairly limited.” The documentation only covers its limitations, prequisites and installation and troubleshooting. What I’m looking for is documentation on its actual use cases. IE custom implementation, specific module use cases. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

In a very brief summary, the below is the use cases and instances where AA is being designed to use. 

“”” Aurena Agent is used in Document Management for opening files, printing, copying a file to a location in the client machine, sending document files by email, checking in a view copy to a document and executing macros. It is used in clients such as below to support the above-mentioned operations:

• DocumentRevision
  • DocumentRevisions
  • DocumentUserSettingsAssistant
  • DocReferenceObjectAttachment
  • DocumentFolderNavigator
  • DocumentObjectConnections
  • DocumentPackage
  • Approvals
  • CreateDocumentUsingAddin
  • DocumentLinkHandling
  • CreateDocuments (Note: Used in CreateDocumentFromTemplate assistant in this client. Aurena Agent is not used in Create Documents assistant.)
  • ManageDocObjConnections
  • ManageDocuments  “””””””””””””

Please have a look at. “Use of Aurena Agent” doc

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutUsesofAurenaAgent.htm

If you have more questions/concerns, please try to be more specific on the question so that we can take them one by one.

Badge +1

Really appreciate the response, and the feedback. Thanks a bunch!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Really appreciate the response, and the feedback. Thanks a bunch!

Did the above document provided the answers you expected.?

Badge +1

Yes this was what I was looking for, Thank you.