Asynchronous workflow not triggering

• 9 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Hero (Partner)
  • 17 replies

Hi all,

My questions are related to workflows that are executed asynchronous. In my scenario I have a workflow of type process enrichment that is executed on creating new work orders. When triggered, the workflow will update several fields. The trigger for this workflow is a custom event on ACTIVE_WORK_ORDER_TAB. There are no conditions placed  on the custom event action.

The timing is set to 'Asynchronous’ and this causing some strange behavior. For me and a colleague the event and workflow are triggered and the update is performed. For another user the event and workflow are not triggered. All users are having the same permissions and we are all performing the exact same test scenario. We also performed the test in several browsers.

I'm having the following questions:

• How could it be that for some users the trigger does work and for others not?
  • When a workflow is executed asynchronous, can we see that somewhere in IFS? Because the workflow watch doesn't show any information (only when the timing is set to 'After’). I also didn't find it as an application message or background job.

Best regards,

Michael

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Not sure about the issue you are facing but at least you should be able to monitor/view asynchronous workflow runs using the table BPA_ASYNC_SYS_TAB. In here you should be able to see if the job is at least getting submitted 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@mmol did you ever found out what the issue was?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @kvbe ,

At the time, we found that it was not working for users who had SSO enabled. Since my colleague and I were not using that, it was working correctly for us.

Badge

Hi @kvbe ,

At the time, we found that it was not working for users who had SSO enabled. Since my colleague and I were not using that, it was working correctly for us.

Have you found any workaround for this?