Solved

Apps8 - error after deploying the build

• 15 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

The error was recorded in the error log at the end of the installation of a build for Apps8 version. Even though the Installation was successful and did not show any errors at the completion, yet the following error was recorded in the error.log file in the logs:

!!!Error deploying file install.tem at 2021-07-14 12:07:00
!!!Error occurred while executing Plsql Block
BEGIN
 Security_SYS.Refresh_Active_List__(3);
END;
[DATABASE][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace TEMP
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SECURITY_SYS", line 1721
ORA-06512: at line 2

Does anyone know how to overcome this error, or what the next step is?

Thanks

Sobha

icon

Best answer by Nilushi Silva 15 July 2021, 10:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sobha Korottage

Through knowledge search it was found out that similar issues were resolved by increasing the temp file size to like 20GB and in one scenario they have increase C: drive space in the VM as temp cannot be increased further. Therefore, please create a COS ticket to increase temp file size and if necessary C: drive space as well. 

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Nilushi

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Sobha Korottage 

It apperas temp table space need to extend.

Since COS managing the DB’s please proceed to create a COS ticket with DB information. COS will resolve this by extending the temp table space size.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

This was reported to CoS as mentioned by Nilushi and Charith and waiting for their response.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I received a feedback from CoS for the reported issue, which is read as follows:

“secondary temp file added to the database.”

I re-ran the installation to verify if this worked and it definitely cleared the error in the _ERROR_install.log.

Thank you Nilushi and Charith for guiding me through the process to have this resolved.

Thanks again.

Sobha