Question

Apps 10 password

• 29 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

We have installed IFS Apps 10 (Enterprise Explorer) and I am able to log in to the front-end using the shortcut under username “ifsapp” and with the correct password.

However when I set up a connection to PL/SQL Developer and try ifsapp (with the same password as I used above) I get “invalid username/password; logon denied”.

My tsnames.ora file is correct, I am sure of that.

I can’t reset the ifsapp password in Apps 10 User Management because others are using that username. How can the ifsapp password for Oracle be different to the interface password?

When we used Apps 8 it was always the same for both.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

1. Did you verify the correct Oracle SID used in the SQL Developer connection settings?
2. Have you tried to connect to the DB from CMD(SQL*Plus) ? and still getting the issue?  

- Set the oracle_sid and verify the access via ifsapp

> Set oracle_sid=<Database_SID>
> sqlplus/nolog
  Sql > conn ifsapp/<Appowner_Password>   

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

1. Did you verify the correct Oracle SID used in the SQL Developer connection settings?
2. Have you tried to connect to the DB from CMD(SQL*Plus) ? and still getting the issue?  

- Set the oracle_sid and verify the access via ifsapp

> Set oracle_sid=<Database_SID>
> sqlplus/nolog
  Sql > conn ifsapp/<Appowner_Password>   

Yep, I have the correct SID and I tried connecting via SLQ Plus and I got the same error

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I haven’t come across a scenario where the Oracle user password only works for specific interfaces.

Is this issue environment wide or happening on your machine specifically? Can you recreate the same issue on the DB Server itself?

One option you can try is to reset IFSAPP password to the one you can connect using IFS.

You try this command to reset the user password as SYS or sysdba user -

alter user ifsapp identified by <interface_password>;

Please make sure there are no password reuse limitations set for the ORACLE_PROFILE connected to IFSAPP user, prior to resetting the password.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

OK this is quite strange, when I execute “Select * from sys.user$” in the SQL Query tool in IFS Apps 10, there isn’t an ifsapp user,  just SYS, PUBLIC, DBA etc.

If I knew the default Apps 10 passwords for any of the above users I would try them but I don’t.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Do you see other IFS* users like IFSSYS, IFSPRINT etc? Which user are you connecting as whilst running your query?

Try this one to get listing of all IFS* users including IFSAPP -

select * from sys.user$ where name like 'IFS%';

A default password for SYS (Oracle user) you could try is ifsmanager

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

If you don't see the IFS% accounts in the “Select * from sys.user$” query then I would almost certainly suggest that you are not actually connecting to the database that you believe you are.  I can’t think of any other way to explain that.

Nick

You have probably connected to the container database (CDB) instead of the pluggable database (PDB). If so, try command “show pdbs;” to identify the correct PDB instance (as IFS application is deployed to PDB and not to CDB) and change your tnsnames.ora accordingly.