Solved

Apply Update 17 to Database Only

• 8 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi All

We are on IFS9.

We had applied Update 17 to our test environment back in March/April. We recently refreshed Test with a backup of the Live database. Now we were hit with something I haven't seen since our earlier versions of IFS. We now have a mismatch between the Application and the database. e.g. wrong number of arguments... (yes, I should have spotted this, but furlough etc...)

Obviously the middleware is at Up17 and the database as per live is Up16.

Can I run the Update patch against the database only?? by checking only the option ‘Deploy database files’? Has anyone else had to do this?

We used to see similar issues back when we ran executables, and often a user would be using the same executables for both Live and Test, of which were often at different patch levels.

Surprisingly we have not hit this issue for years, i think because we would normally test the Update, and apply to Live fairly quickly afterwards. With Furlough etc, we have not kept up with this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

icon

Best answer by kjrono 9 December 2020, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

If you still have the upd17 delivery you can do this. Create a new delivery folder and just copy the database folder from the initial delivery into the new folder. Run the installer with delivery/reconfiguration option against this new folder. Add import of language/reports and connect item. … All should be checked on database update screen.  This will save some time avoiding update of the application server to.