Solved

Any way to add a where statement to a LOV - No custom LOV

• 22 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

Is there a way to add a “WHERE” clause to a LOV?

The Marketing group want to add more Maket Code to the Markets basic data and disable other. The basic data cannot be remove (Black blocks) See screenshot 1.

Screenshot 1.

When the IFS user click on Market and LOV. We would not like  to display the values with black blocks. See Screenshot 2.

Is there a way to add a WHERE clause to only select the right values? I would like to do this without creating templates  or Save Searches Queries

Will be possible to add to the code below a WHERE clause?

Thanks,

JL

icon

Best answer by VivekBhandiwad 22 March 2022, 09:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

You don’t see this Validity column in the basic data?  What version of IFS and Update are you on?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA 

With the conditions that you have placed of NO SAVED SEARCH , and PROFILES / TEMPLATES,  this would leave you with a custom modification.  

The higher versions of IFS Apps have a functionality called HIDE from LOV, which from the screen shots, is assumed not in your IFS Version. A field called validity is provided in the basic data

My recommendations

Option 1 is to use the saved searches ,and base profiles - as this delivers the result without modifying, and is quicker to adopt and deliver solutions to end users.  Prefered and recommended advise, from my end.

Option 2 - Adapt to the new LOV functionality and add custom Hide from LoV flags, to such critical basic data on the application , as a modification , and then use it to modify the views , where the flag is set of Active  - choose this wisely, as it will have to be reviewed/rethought during the next upgrade.

Regards

Vivek

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @VivekBhandiwad  / @Technical Outlaws 

Thanks for your quick response.

We are using IFS 9 right now. I do not see the option available. :-( 

Does the “Hide” option apply to IFS 10 up?

Is there any patch for IFS 9?

or Am I missing a permission set?

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Understood.  I am not sure if this functionality can be back-ported to Apps9.

As an alternative option, if the goal is to prevent a user from using the obsolete basic data, can you not just create a custom field checkbox on the basic data and have a custom event run a validation to stop the user from using the obsolete market.  You should also be able to show the custom field checkbox in the LOV so the user can filter the selection.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi JL

The option IS  IFS 10 and Above. This is standard feature. This is not a patch as it is not a bug in the application, but a new feature.

Hence my suggestion to setup saved searches and profiles till you upgrade in the future. 

Regards 

Vivek