Question

After upgrading to IFS10 Update16, CPU usage of Antimalware Service Executable process is high in Application Server.

• 29 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

After upgrading from IFS10 Update 15 to Update 16, even after a few days have passed, the CPU usage of the process "Antimalware Service Executable" in the Application Server is over 90% and IEE is running very slowly. 

We have not seen such an issue on the Application Server before the upgrade, and we have not made any changes to the system other than the upgrade from Update 15 to Update 16, so we are assuming that this issue is caused by Update 16.

If you have any ideas to reduce the CPU usage of "Antimalware Service Executable", please let us know.

Best Regards,

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

On the Application Server, specifying IFS_HOME for the Windows Security Exclusions calmed the CPU usage of the "Antimalware Service Executable" process on the Application Server.

However, when I tried to log into IEE on the client PC, this time the CPU usage of the "Antimalware Service Executable" process on the client PC increased and IEE became very slow.

If you have any ideas to reduce the CPU usage of "Antimalware Service Executable", please let us know.

Badge

Add the Windows Defender exclusion list for Antimalware Service Executable. To access Windows Security Settings, press Windows key + I. To view it, simply use your mouse to scroll down and click Update & Security. Open-Update-and-Security
Then click Virus & Threat Protection Settings under Windows Security.
Click Add or Remove Exclusions under Exclusions.
Select Process > Add an Exclusion.
After entering MsMpEng.exe, click Add.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Dear @Santana 

Thank you for your kind support.

I set up the client PC according to your response.

However, when I logged into the IFS10 Update16 environment, as shown in the figure below, the CPU usage of the client PCs “Antimalware Service Executable” and “IFS Enterprise Explorer” were high and it took 4 minutes and 30 seconds for IEE to start and the situation did not improve.

In addition, I logged into the IFS10 Update 8 environment on the same client PC, and IEE started up in about 40 seconds.

If you have any other ideas that could improve the situation, we would appreciate your cooperation.

Best Regards,