After creating a new Revision, the Revision No is 0

• 18 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 14 replies

Hi community,

in the following screenshot you can see a new Revision, with the Revision No.: 0

Logically, the system should continue counting with the next higher number instead of counting down. Even the IFS help says so: "The internal counter used to keep track of all revisions for a part. For each new revision, the counter is incremented by one. This is used to correctly order part revisions in forms and reports. This field cannot be updated manually."

What happens here?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

Nadim

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Nadim

You mention that the revision for you is ‘Counting down’? Did you have a revision 1, that became 0? When I look at this screen on our system, i often see a revision number of 1. If I right click and select option ‘Create New Revision’, after completing the required detail, it then up revisions to 2, as per your expectation.

Perhaps your Revision No starts at 0 due to basic data? Take a look. Ours looks like this:

Of course the Eng Rev is free text, I can see yours is set to D in this example.

Could the revision of 0 just be the starting point due to your basic data?

Let me know how you get on. If I can help, please do give some more information on the above.

Regards

Mike

Badge +1

Hi,

Just curious, is it possible to set the Revision No in your question as default to ‘0’ instead of the current default ‘1’? If so, where can this be set?

Thanks in advance!
Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Just curious, is it possible to set the Revision No in your question as default to ‘0’ instead of the current default ‘1’? If so, where can this be set?

Thanks in advance!
Ralph

If you really want, or need, to know, you should file a support case and ask, I think. I did not find any default values, as per above, for that. You can probably do this work in a custom event, if you needed to, but the devil is in the detail…