Solved

Adding a dynamic filter to LOV Custom Field in 23R1

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi All,

I added a persistent custom field to the entity CroHead as follows.

And then added it to ‘Component Repair Order’ page with below LOV filter.

But this does not filter ‘Cf Crm Contact’ using ‘Customer ID’ value. It’s ‘1000’ here. But it filters correctly if I change the filter as follows.

Is there a way to get this filtered dynamically using the ‘Customer’ value?

I went through previous community posts and F1 documentation as well but could not find a solution. It seems syntax has been changed in new cloud versions.

I checked with below syntax but still no luck.

contains(Cf_DisplayText, '$CUSTOMER_ID')
contains(Cf_DisplayText, '$[Customer_Id]')
contains(Cf_DisplayText, '$[CUSTOMER_ID]')
contains(Cf_DisplayText, '$[CustomerId]')

Thanks & Best Regards,

Randini

icon

Best answer by Sandun Madola 2 September 2023, 12:06

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Randini.

I haven’t worked with this functionality just yet but I found an entry in the documentation that maybe can help:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/100_conditional_lov/

Thank you much.
Best regards.
Gonzalo.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Gonzalo,

Thank you very much for the link.

However this example is not for passing a dynamic value. I’m looking for that scenario. Anyway thanks again for your input.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, Here, the value accepts an OData filter syntax. So I think we need to query core framwork team to see if we can have substitutions here. Further, good place to start is trying to do exact same thing in developer studio with marble and see what we have in page designer.

@Nils Wendelöv Is there a way to set a column value dynamically to an Odata filter? I have tried few ways through page designer but couldn’t get any to work. Maybe we are not supporting such functionality yet?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thanks Chanaka. Yes I want to know whether we are supporting this functionality or not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

did you find the answer?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Not yet Franck

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I'm looking to do the same thing ... with custom fields 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I’ll update the post if I get anything. Seems there is a high demand for this. Another person reached out to me asking whether I got a solution.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I don't know if the syntax of my fitre is correct 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi All,

This issue is not a bug in the application. It's important to understand that standard attributes and custom attributes have different capabilities. Custom attributes come with certain limitations as they are configuration-based.

The specific requirement mentioned here cannot be fulfilled using the page designer. There are several community links that demonstrate how to achieve this, but they are relevant to IFS Apps 10 and do not apply to the IFS Cloud track. The IFS product team recommends considering customization to achieve the desired outcome, and you can find detailed information in the IFS Documentation here:
Dynamically changing values.

You might wonder if this cannot be achieved using the page designer, then can we expect a fix in a future release?

The product development team has indicated that providing a definitive yes/no answer regarding whether this issue will be addressed in a future release is not feasible. Based on the existing design, it appears to be something that we are unable to achieve.

I hope this explanation clarifies the concern.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Sandun Madola.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Thanks Sandun for the clarification

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

In another post the recommendation was to use Datasource Aggregate Ref parameters to filter Custom LOV field.