Question

Adding a cloumn to the Risk Object Connection screen

• 4 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We use the object connections quite heavily in Apps 8, especially on Project Navigator, and I was wondering if anyone has been able to add an additional column to these, particularly the Risks object connection. I am looking to include the status column which can be found if you RMB to the Risk Analysis Navigator, however the object connection screens do not give the option to create a custom field. Does anyone know of another way this can be done? TIA

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @HayleyG ,

The list of services are implicit. Adding services is done programmatically in the windows client source code. Specially the status column that you wish to add to the object connection has not included to the RiskReferenceObjectAttachmentPlugin.

Since you have using these object connections frequently, I hope you have come across the option of going into details by RMB on the object connection. 

If viewing further information by RMB on ‘Risk Analysis Navigator...’ would be inconvenient, you may need to go for a customization to add this field.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Minoshini

Thank you for your response. It’s a shame that the Status column is not included to the RiskReferenceObjectAttachmentPlugin and I am aware that we can RMB to the Risk Analysis Navigator to view the information, but I was trying to make the process simpler for our project managers so they can see at quick glance what the status’ are rather than having to navigate back and forward.

Do you know if this would be a customisation via a release or modification if I were to raise a case with IFS?

Kind regards

Hayley

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Hayley,

I would agree that it should have been added to the panel if it is an useful attribute to display in functional wise. 

This should be handle from the product related team. So it is better to raise a case to check the possibility and then they will direct for a modification or customization accordingly.

Thanks

/Minoshini