Question

Add users to group by SQL caommand

Badge +1

Hello,

I tried to add users do group by SQL command INSERT INTO USER_GROUP_USER_TAB and command successfully added row to table but I do not see it from IEE interface. First question is: is it possible to add users to group by SQL command? second: how or what more I must do to add user by SQL command?

I have IFS 10.

Best Regards.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @bartosz_el 

Did you commit after executing this ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

When you make any changes in database level you need to COMMIT the changes in order to see it reflect in the IEE. You can simply add following line of code below your insert statement to do this. otherwise you can use commit icon available in the database tool you are using.

COMMIT ; 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Surely this is not allowed. You cannot just insert into tables. 

You must use the user_Group_user_api.New__ METHOD. or create a basic Migration Job. How do you know what other logic IFS is doing if you do not use the business logic of the APIs?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

I tried to add users do group by SQL command INSERT INTO USER_GROUP_USER_TAB and command successfully added row to table but I do not see it from IEE interface. First question is: is it possible to add users to group by SQL command? second: how or what more I must do to add user by SQL command?

I have IFS 10.

Best Regards.

As @david.harmer has posted, you should never insert or update directly into the core IFS tables, unless you have a very specific reason to do so.  You risk breaking data integrity from bypassing all the core business logic.

You need to understand what you are trying to do technically in the system first, use the debug console to figure out what the underlying database methods are being invoked.  Then you could use data migration or a PLSQL script if necessary, but always call the core new or modify methods for the relevant logical unit.

Badge +1

Thank all for answers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

What is the screen in the IEE client you are reffering to after inserting a record directly in the database? Maybe there is a where condition from the client-side to filter out certain data

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @bartosz_el ,

First, go to the IEE window and do an insert and find the relevant method call from the debug console. Do a copy special and analyze the SQL function and alter it to full fill your requirement.

If you can't find those records in the IEE, Please do a population and copy the select statement from the debug console and check the where condition.

If you still have the issue please confirm that you are directing to the correct window from the information.

Thank you and Best regards,

Darshana