Question

Add Default Where Clause and Default Order by in Data Source Properties in LU

• 16 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Everyone,

I want to Add Default Where Clause and Default Order by in Data Source Properties in LU to filter line level data into Customer Order Line.

Kindly help me to do it if it is possible.

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

There was somewhat similar post before - https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/default-order-by-in-apps-9-250#post654

Its answer by @KasunBalasooriya  was:

Hi, Welcome to the IFS Community. The default where and the default order by are properties set during the development stage of the core forms. These properties are not available to be modified to the end user.
These properties are used during the populate operation of the form. If it needs to be changed, a customization is needed.
However, as a workaround, the default behavior can be changed to show the search dialog from the form properties and then a saved search can be used for the population.

94242fe9-b7bf-4aa4-aed3-1e605769fb88.png

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @IFS_Shekhar,

I know this is an old post so it may no longer be needed but I recently encountered a similar need so I thought I’d share.

Although the Default Where and Default Order By values cannot be changed it is possible to disable them on Behaviour tab of the form properties.

You could then use a saved search to create your own WHERE clause and the Sort by function to create the ORDER BY. 

I hope that helps.