Question

Access to IFS Cloud source code

• 11 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I don’t have permission to source code with the CustomerSolutionDeveloper role in my build place.

How can I switch my account to different roles in the build place?

I have assigned three roles to my account, build place admin, technician, and customer solution developer

When I’m clicking on “CustomerSolutionDev” nothing change.

The main problem is that I can’t see the source code of the solution. When I’m clicking on the azure link then I get the „404 – Page not found”. Additionally, I can’t checkout the source code from the repository, when I’m trying do this I get an error

„Cloning into 'customer-solution'...

remote: TF401019: The Git repository with name or identifier customer-solution does not exist or you do not have permissions for the operation you are attempting.”

I’m sure that the problem is with the permission, because my friend who has only a customer solution developer role can checkout the code and see everything correctly in the azure portal.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Artur Byrski ,

The user roles in the build place are categorized into two categories as follows,

basic user access -

• Technician
  • Customer-solution dev
  • IFS product support dev

stakeholder user access -

• BP user admin
  • customer solution consultant
  • IFS product support consultant

If you assign a single user to multiple user groups which have different access levels there will be issues with the user group policies. In this scenario, if you are in the BP User Admin group and also in the Technician group, the stakeholder access policies will override the basic-user policies and the member will not be able to perform the activities entitled to the Technicians.

Since you are in the BP User Admin group and the Customer Solution DEV group. I would recommend you to request another BP User Admin to remove you from the BP User Admin group and afterward please check if you can navigate to the customer solution repository.

Best Regards,

Shirantha

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I previously had Technician & Customer-solution dev roles assigned and everything worked until yesterday. Suddenly, I got the below error when accessing the repo from GIT but I can access repos from Azure without any issue. 

remote: TF401019: The Git repository with name or identifier customer-solution does not exist or you do not have permissions for the operation you are attempting.

Then I got the information, having several roles are not recommended and  that may be the issue for this. Then Customer-solution dev role was removed but I still have the same issue.

Any hint bypass this error?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I fixed this issue, by removing the Token credentials for git in Windows "Credential Manager" at Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager. The next time I tried to connect I was asked for visualstudio.com credentials and the cloning succeed.