Question

23R1 issue with Exporting quick report via scheduled report

• 12 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

(We are on 23R1.6 in our environments.) We have a quick report that pulls invoice data, we can export this data from the quick report page, completely fine. We encounter no issues and the excel formatting is perfect.

The issue we are encountering though, is when scheduling this report via scheduled reports, and having it emailed to our users, we notice that the method used to export the data onto an excel sheet adds an extra space and a new line character before the field values for all columns/rows. We cannot fix this on our end since these characters are added after the data is pulled from the quick report.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks,
Bryan

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello @ChanakaAmarasekara

I was told you would be the best person to ask about this. If you could provide any information regarding this issue, it would be very much appreciated.

I checked the application messages for the attached report and it also appears on that excel, so I’m assuming there is an issue with the formatting of data onto the excel sheet rather than an issue with the email.

We also notice that the conditions in the quick report are not being applied to the emailed report, but only the exported one when viewing it as an end user, for example if I pull all fields and say where invoice_id=1000, the quick report will only return invoice 1000, but when scheduling the report, it pulls all invoices, very odd!

Again, any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan