Question

22R2 release update delivery creation failes

• 14 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

Hello,

we are currently trying to upgrade from 22.1.7 to 22.2.1 via the release update studio.

I was following the guide here: 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/020_lifecycle/090_release_update_studio/040_cust_upliftment_prep/

As you can see we were able to update the codebase, sanity build was successful, but the delivery creation failes. The delivery build tries to create 2 additional views that I cannot find anywhere in the code, either our repository or the cloud 22.2.1 files.

!!!Error deploying file install.tem at 14-NOV-22 10:16:22
!!!Error occurred while executing Plsql Block
BEGIN
 Database_SYS.Read_User_Objects_Snapshot_('Y');
END;
ORA-20105: Database.NEW_INVALIDS: 
New invalids after deployment:

Schema IFSAPP
TAXLED\TAX_LEDGER_ITEM_INFO_PER_QRY - View
TAXLED\TAX_LEDGER_ITEM_INFO_QRY - View

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 140
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 339
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.DATABASE_SYS", line 577
ORA-06512: at line 2

Additionally I can find another error in the import_connectConfigs.log

and some similiar lines further down below.

It seems to me that the delivery build / creation is using a non-existend source file...

Has anybody experienced similiar issues? Is this a known bug?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

All the best,

Cornelius

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

This is because IFS R&D has decided they would rather adhere to target release dates than a completed product.  There are quite a few missing files in 22R2.  We’ve been trying to get it downloaded for almost two weeks now, only to find out there were several files related to tax, freight and credit card that weren’t checked into the core build before it was released.

You are going to have to raise an IFS case to get the build recompiled for your situation - that is what we are waiting on.

Evergreen model is a complete farce, it is a marketing ploy but has zero technical control or development plan associated with the release of the build.  In fact, it is possible that pulling down 22R2 on any given day after release day might end up as a different set of files.

Good luck getting it fixed in a timely manner.

Badge +2

Thanks for the reply. In the meantime we created a case and the mentioned solution to upgrade the release-upgrade branch to 22.2.2 resolved the issue. We were able to create a delivery and deploy it locally to our dev env. 

But I can completly agree with your statement. A bug was reintroduced that keeps us from delivering serial tracked structures (multilevel!) from a customer order line. This was fixed in 22.1.5 but is happening again. I cannot understand how IFS can continue releasing their products like this…

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We were told 22.2.2 would resolve the issue also but when I order a delivery we get this error:

[Fri Nov 18 20:09:09 GMT 2022] - WARNING: DB: 1 error was detected during deployment of DB objects

!!!Error deploying file mfgexe/security_manufexecution.ins at 18-NOV-22 20:07:21

!!!Error occurred while executing Plsql Block

BEGIN

IF Database_SYS.Component_Active('MFGEXE') THEN

Fnd_Projection_Grant_API.Grant_All('ShopFloorConnector', 'MANUF_EXECUTION');

END IF;

END;

ORA-20111: FndProjection.FND_RECORD_NOT_EXIST: The Fnd Projection does not exist.

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 140

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.ERROR_SYS", line 364

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.FND_PROJECTION_API", line 665

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.FND_PROJECTION_API", line 211

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.FND_PROJECTION_GRANT_API", line 824

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.FND_PROJECTION_GRANT_API", line 851

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.FND_PROJECTION_GRANT_API", line 911

ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.FND_PROJECTION_GRANT_API", line 1101

ORA-06512: at line 3

Its with support now so I hope it can be resolved. The environments all build correctly surly this shouldn’t be the case.