Solved

22R2 - Information for New Module creation and its behavior

• 19 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

What is the recommended type for  a new Customization(e.g. CMOD) module to have in its deplpoy.ini? Component Deployment Profile File. Earlier we have used as Cust but seems it is not there now as a valid type. 

And also  appreciate if someone can explain how the IFS Installer consider any component as a FRESH or Existing during the deployment and corresponding entry refer in the deploy.ini ? 

Thanks,

Chamila

icon

Best answer by stefan 19 January 2023, 11:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Badge +3

Hi,
I looked at APPS10 documentation but could find type Cust there as well, and I can’t remember I have ever seen it. 
As explained in the documentation Trans type had a special handling in IFS Configuration Builder, but that tool is not used in IFS_Cloud. Also in the IFS Configuration Builder this information was shown in the tool, per component, but it was only informative.
So you can use Cust as before.

When running ifs_build with credentials given (if no credentials, creation of build home defaults to fresh install, creation of delivery defaults to VersionUpToDate), the logic is to connect to the database and check for the component and the version of the component. If the component doesn’t exist in the db, it will be a fresh install, calling cre scripts and the rest of the files.
If component exist, the version will be matched against the version in the [<component>Upgrade] section and defined upg file will be called.

Check the deploy.ini documentation about the [<component>Versions] and [<component>Upgrade] sections

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @stefan,

Many thanks for detailed explanation, helps a lot. 

One more question, is this same rule apply in ALE(customer build places) when creating topic, sanity and delivery?  Here do not have short lived environment created on the fly based on a sanity image and not sure what is the base to fetch a module as a fresh or version up-to-date, specially upon a new delivery creation from ALE portal. Appreciate if you can elaborate this a bit  if any changes to the explained above. 

Thanks,

Chamila

Badge +3

Hi,

I hope someone in ALE team can confirm this, but depending on the database used to create the delivery, the component will be Fresh Install, VersionUpToDate or an upgrade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@chpelk ,

To my knowledge the PDB from the last successful build will be mounted and used during the environment creation. So, the DB will contain the last module versions in the  module_tab. 

Thanks,

Kasun