Question

Year end voucher entry

• 26 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have some audit adjustments that I need to post back into P13 before closing off my year end, and running the year end function.  Note that our year end is 28th February 2023.

My understanding is that in order to post these entries back into P13, I need to post these as User Group YE and Voucher Type YE.  When I enter the User Group YE this updates the period to 13 which is as expected.  However, when I try to enter YE under Voucher Type I get the below message.  I also tried to select the List of Values for Voucher Type and there are no options listed.  I would have expected to see Voucher Type YE in this list.

I’ve checked Voucher Series per Voucher Type, and this is showing YE as a user group for YE voucher type (see below), so I don’t think this is causing the issue.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Steven

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

There are 2 types of vouchers required for year-end - one for manual adjustments and profit transfer to retained earnings (function group M) and another used for the year-end process of transferring balances from one year to the other  (function group YE), (if a voucher is created - else this process can be done as a transfer too).

There is probably another voucher type available therefore that you should use for manual adjustments. You can search for it by using function group M in Voucher Types Analysis window - alongside standard manual voucher type there will be another for year end.

Badge +1

thanks Leva.  I’ve made it one step further in the process in that I went into User Group for Voucher Series and added User Group YE to Voucher Type M.  This allowed me to post a voucher in P13 using User Group YE and Voucher Type M.  My next issue is that I am now trying to Clear Revenue\Cost Balances and I receive the below error message.  The below screenshot shows the User Group per Voucher Series for Voucher Type M in the background, as well as the function box for Clear Revenue\Cost Balances and the error message.

Any further help would be gratefully received. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I typically suggest having a different voucher type for year end, rather than using M just to keep them separate, but your option works too. The voucher type used for 1) manual adjustments and 2) clearing profit to retained earnings both have to have the function group M. 

Please change the below to M (for your setup)

Badge +1

brilliant , thanks, thats the issue resolved