Question

Wrong payment made to the wrong supplier

• 13 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi IFS community,

Last year, 2 invoices were paid to the wrong supplier by accident. Last year´s accounting period is closed in our country. 

The invoices were paid, however to the wrong supplier. We asked back our money and the suppliers returned the funds to us.

The invoice numbers remained the same, if we want to register/book these invoices anew then we would probably get an error ´this invoice number already exists´ or something in between. How should we book these returns and book them accordingly if the accounting period is closed for the year 2022?

Question 1: How should we book/account of the return of these funds?

Question 2: How should we book anew these invoices which were paid by mistake and which have the same invoice number and the accounting period is closed for the year 2022?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for those who particated in other topics which were started by me. Me and my team are still trying to find a solution for them. I´ll mark one of the answers which solved our issue.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Máté Kubicsek,

Kindly refer step given in the attached document to resolve your issue. It is better if you can execute the same in TEST environment before proceeding in PROD. 

Prerequisite - Define posting type for posting type PP9. 

Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @Narmada 

I went to the ´Supplier payment rollback´ window and I couldn´t find the invoices. All I got is ´No data found´ message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Máté Kubicsek ,

You cannot see invoices in supplier payment rollback window. Kindly search it from the payment voucher number. If you don’t have the payment voucher number, kindly refer below steps to find the payment voucher number.

1. Go to supplier analysis window.
  2. Search for your supplier which create invoice.
  3. Search the invoice, RMB and go to payment details.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @Narmada 

I couldn´t find it by searching up the voucher number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Come on, @Máté Kubicsek , 

You must do something wrong. Screenshot provided by @Narmada clearly explains how to find the payment made for a particular invoice - and you can use either payment series id /payment id (SUPAY 21668 in the screenshot) or payment voucher type/voucher no (N 280 in the screenshot) to locate payment in Supplier rollback window. 

Please note that for Mixed Payments (voucher group N) it might not be possible to partially rollback payment from Supplier Rollback window - there is an “Undo matching” option in Mixed payment doing same thing.

And one more - if you are using bank transaction matching feature, you may need to unmatch original payment from bank statement before, to activate rollback option.