Question

Wrong account mapping

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Friends,

I have one issue regarding GL Account wrong mapping actually the correct account is 3100 but someone mapped wrong account 3110.now we have 3 customer invoices already posted with account 3110.

Kindly help to transfer the balance from account 3110 to 3100.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Nagarjuna 
Kindly check the posting type of the account 3110 in Customer Invoice Posting Analysis.
And then go to the Posting Control window
Check for the Posting Type
Please check whether the account of the posting type is 3110
If yes, you have to define the same posting type in Posting Control window with account 3100

Would it be possible for you to add a screenshot of the posting type in Posting Control window? then we can check it and guide you.

Best Regards
Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Heshani Vidanapathirana 

Thanks for your reply 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Nagarjuna 
As per the above screenshot, “Salesman for Cust Order SG011” is connected to account 3110. That is the reason for the issue.
If you do not want account 3110 for the posting type M30 via “Salesman for Cust Order SG011”, you have to delete it and define new line for “Salesman for Cust Order SG011” and connect account 3100.

Please follow above steps and let me know whether you could resolve the issue.
Best Regards
Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Heshani Vidanapathirana 

Got it. But here my question is we have already some Balance(Vouchers) in account 3110,So how do we transfer that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Nagarjuna 
Are those vouchers already updated to General Ledger?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Yes, The vouchers already transferred to the GL and the invoice status is Posted AUTH

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Nagarjuna 

It is not possible to correct a voucher which is in GL. You can use a Q voucher to transfer the balances to the correct account manually. 

Best Regards

Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Heshani Vidanapathirana 

Thanks for your help.