Solved

Withholding Tax

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Withholding tax is not populating automatically at line level while raising a Instant Invoice.

The required Withholding Tax setup has been done. Kindly help.

icon

Best answer by Heshani Vidanapathirana 10 June 2021, 12:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @tatansumr 

If you have set up below data in Customer window, the withholding tax amount should be created at invoice line level

Tax Withholding field should have “Tax Withhold” in Customer window/ Address Tab/ Delivery tax Information sub tab

Income type should be defined in Customer tax Withholding

Tax code with tax type “Tax Withholding” should be defined 

Kindly check whether you have set up above mentioned data.

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

HI Heshani,

I have done the required setup as mentioned by you. But still it’s not showing at line level.

But customer is foreign customer. Is there any setup required for that . Kindly help.

Ansuman

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @tatansumr 

Can you please attach the screen captures of the Instant Invoice you have created(both General and Lines tabs)?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @tatansumr 

It seems that Tax Regime of the customer has been set to Sales Tax as per your screenshots. Tax withholding is not added at invoice line level when the tax regime of the customer is set to Sales Tax. Tax Withholding amount is added at invoice line level ifthe tax regime is VAT.

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

HI Madusha,

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Heshani,

But GST calculation i have enabled the Tax Regime as ‘Sales Tax’. If the Tax Regime is VAT system does not calculate the GST as per localization. Can you please advise.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Can you please update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @tatansumr ,

As per Heshani’s note, since functionality is different than core solution when it comes to GET localization. I believe it is better to create case to IFS Support. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @tatansumr 

GST is Sales Tax. And you cannot use VAT as the tax regime if you use GST. As @Xavier Fernando has suggested, please created a case to IFS Support for further investigation of the issue as it is related to a localization.

Best Regards

Heshani

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Please suggest how to create a case in IFS Support. I have never raised a case in IFS Support.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @tatansumr 

You can create a case through IFS Support Portal. Please note that only the users, who have access to IFS Support Portal, can create cases to IFS support. If your user ID do not have required access to create the case through IFS Support Portal, you have to find a user in your company who has the access to IFS Support Portal, to create the case.

Hope this information will help you.

Best regards

Heshani