Solved

where to insert the VAT Code for a supplier or customer

• 10 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I just start working with IFS and kindly ask you to help with an info. Where should I enter the VAT Code for an EU company in order to have the VAT code included in the Tax Transactions report?

Thank you

Madalina

icon

Best answer by Narmada 14 February 2023, 07:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @madalina.nicola 

This is not straight forward but I will try to explain you in steps.

1. You have to create tax codes on Tax Codes window. Tax type is critical information. You must select Tax for regular VAT transactions and Calculated Tax for inter community transactions.
  2. Setup posting controls AP1, AP2 for manual voucher entries, IP3 for supplier invoices, IP4 for customer invoices and IP9, IP10 for calculated tax in EU
  3.  Create manual vouchers, supplier and customer invoices with tax codes you defined
  4. Update vouchers to general ledger
  5. Run Fetch Tax Ledger functionality
  6. Finally you should get  transactions on Tax Transactions window.
  7. IFS has predefined tax templates per country. You can create tax reports using existing template or you can also create your own tax template in basic data. Create tax report and save it.
  8. For a final step, you can create automatic tax proposal using the tax report you created

It is a little complicated so I wish you good luck with it

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @madalina.nicola,

If you are referring to tax ID number, it is available in the customer/ Suppler window. Refer below screen preview.

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

I can tell for germany the following for the customer side:

Tax is here depending on the delivery address. If the address is taxable for domestic tax then adress is sedt to TAXABLE the tax code is setup on the sales part (the sales part must flagged as taxable and a tax code or a tax class) and fetched from there (no tax code on the address).

If the address is not taxable the address is set to EXEMPT and a tax code needs to be defined on the adress under tax free tax code. There are different scenarios if it comes to tax reporting, which means that you need a tax code per scenario.

1. Sales in the EU of Services 
  2. Sales in the EU of Goods 
  3. Sales in the EU Triangulation
  4. Sales outside EU 

To distinguish between 1,2 and 3 the delivery type is used on the sales part and in the tax free tax code setup.

On the supplier side it for the invoicing the tax code is fetched from the Invoice Tab in the supplier basic data. In most of the scenarios you as a customer don’t know from where the delivery for the parts/services that you ordered will be fullfilled.

In the case of e-invoicing (supplier invoices) you can assign a tax code based on the tax % and known supply country to a specific tax code in IFS in external supplier invoice. The fallback if the % is notassigned - the Tax code on the invoice tab is used (if tax% > 0 taxble tax code - if it is = o the non taxable)

Regards

Ralph

Badge +1

Thank you all for your explanations and help! you are great!