Solved

What is the use of 'Accept Quantity Difference' under supplier master>Invoice>PO matching

• 30 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

What is the use of this check box in IFS 10 'Accept Quantity Difference' under supplier master>Invoice>PO matching’. 

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 30 March 2023, 17:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Per help --- Accept Quantity Difference
If this check box is selected, the quantity on the invoice line and the purchase order line that are matched is allowed to differ when the posting is automatically authorized. This is only applicable if Line Matching is selected as the matching level for purchase orders.

In my testing - when using line level matching option, the “tolerance” functionality is then also enabled. 

Typically line level matching is far less common than PO header matching. The only time I’ve used line level matching was when we received XML from the supplier in that line level detail and the client was very sensitive to cost on each and every line. In that business even a few pennies difference was important. 

Best regards

Badge +1

Hi Thomas Peterson thanks for the reply.

But I tried all the possible scenarios by checking and unchecking the box ‘Accept quantity difference’ to see the difference, but it doesn’t give any effect or any pop-up message even though there is a quantity difference between the PO and the invoice.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavithra M M

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Are you using tolerance / allowed tolerance for that supplier “and” line level matching. 

If so, and you know tolerance is working when PO header matching then when changing to line level matching and that box is checked, you will see that the tolerance is then working as intended.  I just tested this last week.  

My comment was limited to the use of tolerance and that when using line level matching that box allows the tolerance. I don’t recall suggesting that a pop-up box appears.

Best regards

Badge +1

Hi Thomas Thanks 

I tried with tolerance check box enabled but let me try again & will get back to you.

Regards,

Pavithra M M

Badge +1

Hi Thomas Thanks for the solution. It is working . Issue resolved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

If this is solved… maybe mark this as solved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Pavithra.MM  - You should see the “best answer” option under the replies. Just mark the one you’d like noted as the correct answer.

Thanks @Thomas Peterson for helping here!