Question

Voucher Type for Invoice Series

• 14 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 11 replies

I am setting up new invoice series IDs to avoid series number conflicts. What I am unsure of is why some of the existing Series IDs have a Voucher Type LOV available to them. Additionally the only value available is F - Customer Invoices. None of our existing Series IDs have a Voucher Type selected. I am wondering what if anything it affects if one was selected. Secondly how would you create a new Series ID and have the Voucher LOV available. Even when I duplicated an existing Invoice Series ID the Voucher Type LOV was not available to it. - Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, 

Only invoice series connected with invoice type related to customers (customer order invoice...) can have voucher type assigned. Invoice series related to suppliers or manual invoices do not have this possibility. Once you connect invoice serie to supported invoice type, voucher type LOV gets active.

Any voucher of function group F can be connected to the customer invoice serie (making it possible to have 1-1 relationship between invoice serie and voucher type).

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you so much for the response. If I am following correctly I created / duplicated a customer order Invoice Type (Advance Customer Order Credit Invoice TEST) and selected my newly created Invoice Series (AC1). However, from your description I would have expected the voucher type LOV availability for the AC1 Series. Did I miss something? Additionally can anyone provide info on what a Voucher Type does for the Invoice Series if it is available and selected in that field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

I think invoice type must be indicated in company setup as customer invoice type:

Once voucher type is indicated in invoice serie, it will be used when invoice is posted (I am not sure if you can indicate voucher type manually when releasing e.g. customer order invoice, rather default type for default user group would be used otherwise)