Question

Voucher number taken - ni lines - how update GL?

Badge +2

Running IFS 10 Update 14 Enterprise explorer version

If I have created a voucher number but after saving records realize that the lines where incorrect so I delete them. Still the voucher number is already taken and cannot be deleted (which is fine)

So how can I now update GL showing that the voucher number is taken but there are no lines associated with the number.

I have tried using a manual voucher to verify. First I have tried status Cancel I n header but it is not allowed. Tried setting Not approved and then later approve – will not work.

So cant figure out how to fix this right now, I do not want to have remain in hold table

?

Thanks

Per

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

you cannot delete the voucher or post it with no lines.

As a minimum you can use a statistic account and create a lines with zero amounts but with a quantity on it.

Or you use the voucher for another posting.

Regards

Ralph 

Badge +2

Ok thanks for reply

I tried closing a period with just a voucher header without any lines. Validation during close will prevent closing the period so you will have to get voucher updated to be able to close period

So creating lines with zero amount or on statiscal accounts as you suggest will work but it is not a nice solution, just a work around

Would be better to allow setting voucher header in status Cancel without any lines

Thanks again

Per

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Per,

keeping the voucher just in the hold table and not being booked in the GL contradicts the basics in booking as e.g. vouchers must be numbered in a unbroken sequence.
Assuming we are talking about a manual voucher - what is holding you back using this voucher number for a different posting? As long as you are not using voucher numbers per period or you are in between two years, you should be able change the voucher date. This change of the voucher date into the future or actual period will also allow you to close the period.

Regards

Ralph