Question

Voucher Approval

• 3 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

How do you Not Approve a Voucher?

If I go to Accounting Rules/Voucher/Approve Vouchers, when I RMB on the voucher, the only options is Approve.

If I choose Approve, it opens a pop-up window that asks if I want to approve the voucher.  If I click No, it still approves the voucher.  There does not appear to be an option to get the status to Not Approved.

IFS 10 UPD9.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @TosohLBlum,

The selected window Accounting Rules/Voucher/Approve Vouchers is designed for the purpose of approving vouchers only. Once you RMB and select ‘Approve Voucher’ it only gives you the message on how it should be updated to the GL.

If you require to ‘Not Approve’ a voucher, you may RMB → Voucher entry and select the required Status from the  header options and save it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Shamalaka Perera

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Shamalaka,

Thanks.  That does help.  One additional question.  The voucher was from an External Voucher Load and the date was entered incorrectly (12/24/2022 instead of 12/24/2021).  I was reading that once a voucher was Not Approved, you could edit/delete the voucher rows, but it does not seem possible to do this with this voucher.  Do you know how we can cancel this voucher or the rows?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

You can change M type voucher (vouchers with function group M) rows before GL update where the voucher row is manually created. With an external voucher the rows are not “manually” created and - sorry to say, can’t be deleted. 

It should be known that the voucher date can be changed (within a year) but not from 2022 to 2021. 

You have a couple different options - that ultimately create reversing entries.   You can use the option to copy from the hold table, create an interim voucher (dated same day as the 12/24/2022) you can also send to GL and then copy GL as a reversing entry.  You can even reload the file changing + to -.     The net effect is the bad entry is reversed out. 

My suggestion would be to change the date to something like Jan 3 2022 or Jan 1 2022 so that it minimizes any “future” effect and then use one of the methods to create a reversing entry with the same date.

Best regards, 

Thomas