Solved

Use Tax Invoice Parameter?

• 30 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

On the Company within Tax Control, Invoice Tab there is setting to “Use Tax Invoice”: 

I’ve never used it, but am interested to know when or why you would?

Is it country specific?

I notice that this then can be set on the invoice series. 

I can find the IFS help on it:

Use Tax Invoice

If you select this check box, tax invoices will be printed when true tax transactions are created within invoicing and payment processes except when advance invoices are created. Tax invoices will show the details of the nature and value of goods sold or services provided and amount of tax.

But it does not say when or why it would be used and how it determines the split of goods/services.  Delivery type perhaps?  

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Xavier Fernando 11 December 2022, 06:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Antbarrif 

“Use Tax Invoice” checkbox needs to be checked when creating a tax invoice for a particular Invoice Series Type.

In the Invoice Series window, we can set up tax invoice creation via checking the “Tax Invoice” Checkbox. It decides whether tax invoice can be connected to the invoice with the selected invoice series. This check box can be checked only when the “Use Tax Invoice” checkbox is checked in the company window. Only invoices with tax lines that have Tax Method equal Invoice or Final Posting are affected.

Hope this clarifies your question. Please get back to me should you have any concern.

Regards,

Lihini.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Antbarrif ,

Answer for when to use it and why you use it:

• In the core IFS solution, if you print an invoice, output just has the header ‘Invoice’. What if your local tax authority expect document with title as invoice/ tax invoice ? 

This is what you'll see if you click the "Use Tax" (Image 1) and "Tax Invoice" (Image 2) buttons                on an invoice series.

Image 1 

Image 2

Output file header

• What if local tax authrity require, seperate invoice with heading tax invoice ?

Then, in this scenario, you will click ‘use tax’ ( previous Image 1 ) button along with  "Tax                         Invoice" (previous  Image 2) on invoice series along with "Separate tax invoice’ ( Image 3 below)

Image 3

Output file header

When it comes to query of “how it determines the split of goods/services”.  I'm afraid there is no such mechanism to identify series automatically unless you define separate invoice series for each good or service type and manually enable separate tax invoices. 

Badge +2

Followed all the instructions in this thread and it looks like when I entered the Manual Supplier Invoice, it also created the tax invoice but I can find the tax invoice in IFS.  Is there a final step to generate it?   Where do I go to view it? I don’t see Tax Invoice 66TX in any of the supplier invoice query pages.

Is there a separate page to query Tax Invoices?