Question

Updating multiple accounting structures

• 8 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

Is there a way to add a newly-created GL account to a single Accounting Structure that is being used across multiple companies at once?  Currently, when a new account is added, we have to go into each company, query that  single Accounting Structure and add it manually into the structure node.  We have potential for 50+ companies in the future that will be using the same balance sheet structure for consolidation purposes and it would be very cumbersome to go into each of those companies to manually add it.  Is there an easier way to manage this if the same exact structure ID is being used?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Unfortunately if you are using Accounting Structure, you need to Manually add the new Additions. If this is a Reporting Issue then If you are using “Business Reporter/Analytics” then it is best to create the Report based on Accounting Type or Group (if the Accounting Structure is  based on Account)

Thank You

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @lbayhonan,

You can RMB on the accounting structure and select Copy structure to the new company. Then the new structure will get copied to the specified company.

Best regards

Zuha

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Could you not try Creating the Accounting Structure based on Accounting Group? This will eliminate the need to add the Account each time you create one as the Structure is based on the Accounting Group.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Zuha Samsudeen  thank you for your response!  The problem is that the destination company already has this structure set up so if I RMB and select ‘copy structure’ to the destination company, I receive a message that ‘The Accounting Structure object already exists’.  I think that would work only if the destination company doesn’t have this exact same structure ID.

@Ramessh Kanna thank you for the advice!  Yes, this is a reporting issue and it would take a lot of work to change the existing reports so that it is based on Accounting Type or Group.  I will look into it though. I do like the suggestion of changing the accounting structure to be based on Accounting Group.  Would you know how that is done?  I tried to create a new accounting structure but the only options are the various code parts such as ‘A’ for Account.  There is no option for Account Group.

Badge +1

@lbayhonan Your requirement is correct, if we are working in multi company environment. I request you to delete accounting structre in the destination company and then copy, this will save time. I have given solution to one of my client by which they can delete structure in all required companies and then they can use Copy option.

Note - IFS standard only provide copy, but we can use various configurations based on requirements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

I was always using Data Migration replication process to copy static data from one company/site to others. It is simple and efficient, I think. I was using IFS version 7 and 8 for that purpose so far, but I think it is still there in version 9 and 10.