Question

Unable to transfer Work tasks to finance

• 31 January 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, I’m trying to transfer my work tasks to the finance module.  The transactions are in a status ‘Overtaken’ and the transaction status is either ‘Not Applicable’ or ‘Valid’.  I’ve ran all the transfer work tasks jobs but I’m not seeing any transactions in Finance and the status is not update in the work task posting analysis.  Can anyone let me know what I need to do?

I can’t close the month end as the ‘Validate transactions in progress’ are showing an error - transactions waiting to be transferred from Maintenance.  Which screen in IFS tells me which transactions are stopping the month end close?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@ElaineC Do you have any migrated transactions for work tasks? 

Badge +3

Having the same issue here. Is there any suggestions on how to transfer these transactions?

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

To resolve the issue we set up the voucher type TR and assigned it to a user group that I’m a member of.  I then ran the ‘Transfer Work task reposting transactions’, selecting the voucher type TR.  I then set this job up a schedule job to run overnight.

Hope this helps you.

Badge +3

Thanks. 

Just figured out that need to setup a new voucher type and run “Transfer Work task reposting transactions’. Do you happen to have a detailed document for the process? Too bad we can not bypass this, as the posting is just in and out.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Sorry I haven’t got any notes.  I agree it’s not ideal as the postings are in an out of the same accounts, just appears to be creating more transactions in the General Ledger.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Work order and WIP has also been discussed here:

In the last comment is a brief process description that might help you.

Badge +3

Good to know. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Having the same issue here. Is there any suggestions on how to transfer these transactions?

Thanks,

Please refer to the above response.

Badge +3

Fixed. Thanks.