Solved

unable to save manual supplier invoice - M187

• 27 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi

user created Manual supplier invoice, and matched the invoice to many POs. system raised the below error 

i checked the posting control M187 and it account is already excluded from project flow up.

what shall i do to resolve this issue?

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 4 January 2022, 23:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @nag

Could you try remove the project id from the pre-posting tab of project invoice and them post the invoice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I think the problem in the project activity sequence not in the project it self.

i need to know how to trace the project activity .

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Nagah.khaled 

Could you check if you have record like highlighted below. If so removing that record might solve your problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

no, we don’t have this record.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Anytime (almost anytime) we have a posting line for a project where the project ID is considered as externally created - (I’ll define that next) you must use an activity sequence in addition to the project ID.  An externally created project is a project created external of the “financial” project area of IFS. In other words, any project created in the project management side of IFS would be “externally” created from an IFS finance perspective.  

The point of investigation should be 1) verify the type of project - it would appear this was a project management type project.  Pure Financial projects would never have an activity sequence, and a Job type project may have an activity sequence 0 (Jobs are a bit strange), 

Once you see the true type of project (Project Origin), then review the transaction and see how the project ID was provided. If this was created by posting control similar to the below, that would be a bad set up in that posting control provides a project but not an activity sequence causing the error. 

To see the project origin see below. - 

The above project would typically require an activity sequence. 

The below is a “financial project and would not have an activity sequence. 

In my first statement - I wrote “Anytime (almost anytime) we have a posting line” examples of exceptions would be rev rec process, and PCA where we can create postings to a project yet not require an activity seq. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Dear Thomas Peterson

the project has activity sequence and posting control M187 as below

and in the database there are activity sequences but I’m unable to add it in the matching process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Please send entire screen print of when / where you see the error. Is this in the posting proposal?  Is this in a non posting proposal supplier invoice?   - If you send the entire screen and describe what your doing when the error is produced, I can probably help.

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Another thought - depending on the screen and other, the status of the activity may block the ability to add the activity sequence.  Make sure the desired activity is “released” and valid for a given date.  For example assume activity is planned for October 2021 Oct 1 to Oct 31). That activity is not valid for January 2022. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I think the problem in the project activity sequence not in the project it self.

i need to know how to trace the project activity .

If you click in the “Project Activity ID” field on the posting row in your invoice, and select F8/List of Values you should see a list of available Activity Sequence IDs.  If there’s nothing there it’s likely as @Thomas Peterson  suggested the Activity is closed - or the Project itself is completed or closed.