Solved

Unable to remove an erroneously matched advance invoice

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

I have been facing a situation where I can’t remove a matched advance invoice from the final invoice. Is there a known way to remove this or is this how it is functioning ? Pretty annoying and seems pretty basic if such function is not available within the system.

Rgds,

Simon

icon

Best answer by Peshala Gamage 18 January 2022, 16:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @simonpowell,

When an advance invoice is matched against a final invoice it gets offset and a supplier offset payment U voucher is created instantly. And therefore, the status of the final invoice will have ‘Paid’ indicated. That is the reason why you can’t simply remove or edit a matched advance invoice from a final invoice. Because from the system backend it is already booked.

If it is required to remove the connection of the advance invoice from the final invoice, it can be done through supplier payment rollback window, by selecting relevant payment voucher which payment type code indicated as “Supplier Offset” and performing rollback complete payment on the same.

If you can’t find the Supplier offset U voucher, search the supplier ID in the “Supplier Analysis” window and there under payments tab you can find the Supplier Offset U voucher, final invoice created date or the advance invoice attached date will be the payment date of the Supplier Offset U voucher.

Once you rollback the U voucher, the status of the final invoice will be changed from “PartlyPaidPrelPosted” to “PrelPosted” and there won’t be any advance invoice attached in the Advance Invoices window.

Hope the above clearly explains as to why the advance invoice that was matched cannot be removed/edited straight through the final invoice window.

Please let me know the results

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Peshala,

Thanks for your timely response as it helped me to move forward by solving my problem. I never thought that I would get a reply this fast. Better than the support service.

Rgds

Simon

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @simonpowell 

Mostly welcome and Thanks for the feedback! :) But you can’t compare community with the support service. Support service deals directly with errors and issues in a different perspective. Community helps us to filter functional and general issues without increasing the number of ordinary general cases to our support queue. Providing us the opportunity to focus more on materialistic issues efficiently and effectively.

Best Regards,

Peshala