Question

Transport / freight cost supplier invoice

• 13 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Ifs Community,

I’m Jozsef Potha and work for UBM group as an project manager.

Our company plan to implement purchase charge processes (transport cost). We use App8 version. All the line will connect to the purchase order line. When we order the goods from the supplier at this time we can’t have any information how many freight will be.

Our forwarder will make invoice per delivery. Right now we can not fix, match more then one invoice.

Is there any modification regarding this function in the App9 or App10? Do you have any information?

Best regards

Jozsef

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Jozsef,

I don’t understand how exactly this process looks like.
Could you please describe it and provide step by step instuction ?
As I understood you have registered a purchase order with charges transport. Then goods has been receipted to inventory with planned transport cost.
In the last step, you received invoice from supplier with cost of transport and you want to match this invoice with charges from many purchase orders, am I right ?
In which step have you get the issue ?

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Małgorzata,

We order e.g. 100 tonnes corn and our logistic team start to organize the freight. After the agreement we fix the freight cost and assign to the PO (lines) in the charge tab.

Our supplier will invoice the 100 tonnes in one invoice. But it can be the forwarder supplier can invoice per delivery. We have only one purchase. Right now we can’tmatch more then one invoice to the PO as an freight cost.

I hope so it is more clear my answer.

Regards

Jozsef

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
How do you create a charge on PO? Do you use quantity 1 or reflect quantity of the goods freighted?
There should be no issue in matching invoice to part of the PO charge only (which will allow to match second invoice with same charge line).
You can try as well “Price adjustment purchase” matching option, used normally for matching invoices correcting billed price. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Adam,

Thanks a lot your answer.

We use the origin qtys in the cost tab of the PO, because need to inform the forwardes what kind of car, truck etc use at this business.

If the forwarder is not invoice the full qty after the posting the system modify automatically the value of the inventory (got wrong values) and while not writable the quantity for this reason we can’t match the next invoice such an method.

Question of the Price adjusment: a lot of times that invoice of freight cost get sooner as the invoice of goods at this case the Price adjusment is not option for us (need to wait for the goods invoice) for this reason we would like to implement using cost tab of the PO

Regards

Jozsef

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello @Adam Bereda 

Thanks a lot your answer.

We use the origin qtys in the cost tab of the PO, because need to inform the forwardes what kind of car, truck etc use at this business.

If the forwarder is not invoice the full qty after the posting the system modify automatically the value of the inventory (got wrong values) and while not writable the quantity for this reason we can’t match the next invoice such an method.

Question of the Price adjusment: a lot of times that invoice of freight cost get sooner as the invoice of goods at this case the Price adjusment is not option for us (need to wait for the goods invoice) for this reason we would like to implement using cost tab of the PO

Regards

Jozsef

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, Jozsef.

I think inventory valuation method matters in the process. Nevertheless, using charges tab on the PO and allocating manually charges to PO lines, you do not need to wait for delivery invoice to match freight invoice. All you need is receipt, and you should perform receipt as soon as ordered goods arrived. 

If inventory is valuated using actual purchase price, each matching (invoice vs receipt) will update your inventory value. In case of fixed inventory price - variances will be adjusted.