Question

Transfer Simulated Depreciation Postings to Business Plan

• 27 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi

When using Business Planning we intend to use a planning unit with Periodic Balances for Income Statement and one with Accumulated balances for Balance Sheet. 

When you create simulated postings from a depreciation plan, it’s possible to transfer these to a Business Planning unit.

However you are unable to transfer the Balance Sheet postings to a planning unit with Accumulated Balances. 

The way my client works is that they want to forecast All Balance Sheet planning units with Accumulated Balances. One benefit is to make such balances directly comparible with Group Consolidated Accumulated Balances. 

What are other peoples experiences with this?  I am aware it’s new functionality but I think we should have the option to use either periodic or accumulated.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Antbarrif 

Kindly check whether the below details help you.

There is an option in the Fixed Asset Book window where you can define posting control instructions for FAP5 and FAP6 posting types that would be simulated in default for depreciation plans that are connected to the selected book.

For the Posting control FAP6 you may define the relevant Accumulated Depreciation Account in the Posting Control window.

Once you create the Depreciation Plan for a specific object or  group of objects, as the next step you can simulate the postings (RMB on the Depreciation Plan window > Select Simulate Postings)

If you check the Simulated Posting Details, you can see that the Accumulated Depreciation account is included

Next, you may RMB on the same window and select Transfer to Business Plan

Then, if you check the Business Plan Transactions (Business Plan window> RMB> Business Plan Transactions), you will see that  the amount related to  Accumulated Depreciation account (FAP6 account) is available in the business plan.

Hope the above details will help :relaxed:

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Dismanthi