Solved

Transfer processing transactions - not transferring, no error

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We are currently running 21R1. When i go to Supply Chain and Manufacturing Postings Analysis, we have several transactions that have a status of 2 - Completed but not transferred.  I am transferring transactions (specifically Processing Transactions) for shop orders.  The background job shows that the job has been run and posted.  I then go to Update GL vouchers and I can see L and T1 transactions.  However, they don’t appear to be posting.  they disappear and the Supply Chain and Manufacturing Postings Analysis  is still showing a status of 2. Some transactions from the same date have transferred without issue and I don’t see any differences except for the employee.  Any suggestions on what may be going on?  I’ve looked everywhere I can think.

icon

Best answer by CBKLeasure 17 September 2022, 20:34

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Just throwing out thoughts, for what it’s worth… I hope it’s helpful :-)

In Supply Chain and Manufacturing Analysis, select one of the transactions and go into the transaction details and check to see if postings show any monetary amounts?

If yes, do the posting rows have balanced debits and credits?

Have you tried using Instant Update to General Ledger via the Voucher Entry window?

Do you have a multi-company, multi-site scenario?

Are you perhaps using any GL Automatic Posting Rules?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you, this has actually be helpful since I found more information.  For some I can’t see any details, some have balances.  I did try to update via the Manual Voucher (Voucher Entry) window and they are all in status Cancelled with no values.  Have you seen that before? 

This is not a multi-site/multi-company scenario and we are not using GL Automatic posting Rules.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Can you see any details if you go into Manufacturing → Transaction History → Labor and Operation History and search for the transaction ID?

Expand view in Table mode and see if what the value is in the Reverse Flag column.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Also, make sure that the Show only current results toggle in the Search area is not selected.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Ok, yes, I see it there.  It is Not Reversed and has no erroneous postings

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Drill into the details and see if there is any cost amount on the transaction header and see if there are any posting rows on the Accounting Tab. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes there are debits and credits (balances) with GL accounts.  Both lines show a status of 2 - Completed.  I’ve verified that the GL accounts being used are active and all code parts are set to Can so they are wide open to allow any postings.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I’m assuming that you have input the correct Site ID when transferring processing postings, correct? 

Did you also try transferring Inventory transactions?

Have you checked that the USER ID for both the user who created the transaction and or who are attempting to post the transaction - belong to a User Group, that is connected to the Voucher Type, with a valid Voucher Series with Authorization Level of Enter and Approve, and that the Accounting Year/Period for the User Group(s) is in Open status?

Have you checked Combination Rules for the User Group?

Have you tried Rerun Erroneous Postings function...just for the fun of it? and then transfer again?

Have you check Code String Completions for the Account and Code Parts shown on the posting rows?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes, I have checked or tried everything you have listed above.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Are the Transaction Date and Date Applied the same?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

What are the posting types involved? Can you provide screen shots?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Here’s an example.  I hid all of the code parts that are not being used so you can see everything in one screen 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Can you also please show the General tab?

Also, try checking to see if there was any overhead cost/rates setup on the Labor Class for Operation on the Shop Order and if so, that Posting Type M58 is setup properly.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

M58 set up with a fixed GL account, date is valid.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Looks like you changed the Date Applied...what was it previously?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I did try to modify it, thinking that may be the issue.  I changed it back to the original date.  There are several that I am seeing this same issue with (roughly 20).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I modified the date on this one only.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Do you see any other transactions for the same Work Center and Labor Class that transferred and posted correctly?

If yes, do they have labor cost on them?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Yes!  This one was transferred.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Maybe has something to do with whether or not it’s Authorized?  

Is Authorized Yes or No on the one transaction that worked?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

They both have not authorized.  they are for different parts so I’m looking at the parts to see if there is a difference there?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Good luck. I’d be curious to know the reason and or resolution...

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We turned off Authorization Required on the site setting for manufacturing and we were then able to post.