Question

Transactions from External Files (CAMT054) are no longer summarized in Mixed Payments

• 19 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

My customer has a problem with CAMT054 files in Mixed Payment, after upgrade from IFS10 UPD6 to UPD15. 

Previously, when the transactions from "External Payments" (CAMT054 file) was loaded into a "Mixed Payment", transactions of the type "Acknowledge Supplier Payment Order", were grouped into one row (more or less) in "Mixed Payment"/ tab Transactions .
The detailed information could then be viewed in tab "Matching Transactions" in the lower part of the window.
UPD6:

Now, after the upgrade to UPD15, one row for each transaction is created in the upper part of tab "Transactions" in "Mixed Payment", instead of a lump sum:

This is a big problem for my customer when handling the payments, since there are now a large amount of rows to handle.

Has someone else experienced the same problem? 
Any ideas of what changes in IFS10 UPD7 or later, that can explain why this functionality behaves differently after upgrading?

Best regards,
Karin

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi 

This may happen when the payment date is different form the header date,

some changes had been introduced by bug 153884 in UPD9

Note: In the instances when there is no EndtoEndID in the return file, the creation date and time will be considered as the statement date of the External Payment Transaction. The dates of the transactions will not be sorted in the external payment window, based on the statement date,  a separate external payment will be created with the date available in the CreDtTm tag.

Badge +2

Hi 

This may happen when the payment date is different form the header date,

some changes had been introduced by bug 153884 in UPD9

Note: In the instances when there is no EndtoEndID in the return file, the creation date and time will be considered as the statement date of the External Payment Transaction. The dates of the transactions will not be sorted in the external payment window, based on the statement date,  a separate external payment will be created with the date available in the CreDtTm tag.

Hi Kanishka, 

Thanks a lot for the information and your quick answer 😊. Will investigate this further, to see if this might be the reason for my customer's problems.

/Karin

Badge +2

Hi, 

The reason for the problem doesn't seem to be related to the payment date and header date (it's the same, in the files I've checked). There is also an EndToEndID in the file.

Turned out that it's actually CAMT053 that is used, and not CAMT054. Don't think this matters here, since we've found the same behaviour in other customer's environment, where CAMT054 is used.

But - one thing I forgot to mention earlier, is the different behaviour in "External Payment Details", before the transactions are loaded into a mixed payment.
In UPD6 version, the column "Proposed Action" in "External Payment Details" for these transactions, were set to "Load Payment Order" and no invoice details were fetched.
Since UPD15, the value in column "Proposed Action", is set to "Load Invoice" instead and invoice information is fetched.
I guess this is the reason why these rows now end up in the upper part of the "Mixed Payment"-window, as separate lines, and not as a lump sum.

Does anyone know the difference between these "Proposed Actions" and why this functionality seems to have changed somwhere between the UPD6 and UPD15…?
Maybe patch 153173 "Issue with matching of invoices in Mixed Payment loaded with CAMT054 file" has something to do with this?

Best regards,
Karin

Badge +4

Hi @NZCKAJASE, any news about this issue ?

I’m also facing the same issue with a Customer, where all lines are separate while they all refer to the same Payment Order.

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Kind regards,

Thibaut