Question

Third Party AP Check Printing Software

• 12 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

We are looking for a third party software to help us to print paper checks for payments to supplier.  Basically, the software would control not only the layout and design but also receive the data from IFS when printing the checks. Things like MICR data, bank information, and signature would be held in the third party software and IFS would provide payment data using the standard report. 

If you are using a third party software for AP check printing do you have any recommendations?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’ve had 5 or more clients use 3rd party check printing. They all used something different. I believe 3 have used the same software they used with the old system Maybe newer versions that support XML but same software as they know it and like it. 

Ideally my suggestion would be to select a vendor who supports XML.   TEXT or CSV or searchable PDF is also possible, but I believe XML support is probably easiest.  IFS would then print the checks as XML, the message would then be sent to the check printing software. 

Text is “old school” so if the vendor only support text, what other limitations exist with that software?  I can’t give details regarding another client, but assume that text was selected and later find the vendor’s software was less than ideal. 

A few clients outsource the check printing  with the bank. XML was used for that as well.

Best regards, 

Thomas