Solved

the right click "Reprint Original" in the "Customer Invoice Details" screen

• 21 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello, 
In the "Customer Invoice Details" screen, for some invoices, I don't see the right click "Reprint Original" in the header. And I can't understand why it is displayed for some invoices and not for others. (See attached screenshot) 
Could you please help me? 
Could this have anything to do with a treatment that goes into "Report Archive"? 
Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by Adam Mazurczak 21 April 2022, 10:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @K4uLinalM 

I’m not sure but probably Reprint Original is available only if the original report exits in Report Archive and the user has access to it.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @K4uLinalM 

as far as I remember, the Reprint Original option is only available to user who issued this invoice.

For the other users, the Reprint Modified option is available.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I share with you my conclusion which could help you in your research:

When printing a customer invoice, two cases are possible: 

Case 1: Preview+ ok/ Print+ ok 
1- I create my customer invoice and I print it (I preview my invoice and I click on ok) 
2- The print appears in the history and the serial ID and the invoice number change
3- The invoice appears in the archived reports and the column "Printed" is checked
4- In the details of the invoice, you can see the right click "Reprint original". 
5- The right click "Reprinted original" will appear on the "Customer invoice details" screen as long as the lines of the archived reports are not cleaned. There is a cleaning process of all the lines of the archive every 7 days (default value defined by the system). Once the 7 days have passed, the right-click "Reprinted original" will be grayed out and you can use "Reprinted modified" to reprint your invoices.

Case 2: Preview + I close the pop-up
1- I create my customer invoice and I print it (I preview my invoice and I close the pop-up without clicking on ok) 
2- The print appears in the history and the serial ID and the invoice number change
3- The invoice appears in the archived reports but the "Printed" column is unchecked 
4- In the details of the customer invoice, you can see the right click "Reprint original
5- Every day at midnight, the system runs a process (Heavy Clean-up) that cleans up all the lines in the archive that have the "Printed" column unchecked
6- The right click "Reprint original" appears only before the treatment is executed. Once the treatment has been executed and the line has been deleted from the archive, the "Reprint original" right-click will no longer appear. In this case, you will have to use "Reprint modified" to print

If you want to have the "Reprint original" right-click for 7 days on all your reports, you have to make sure that you click on "ok" when printing. This way, the system will consider that the report is printed and will not delete the line in "Archived reports".