Question

Supplier Payment Transaction Screen Pre-posting

• 3 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Is there a way to add pre-posting to a supplier payment?  I am trying to add the code parts CIP and Flag on a payment line on the Transaction screen. 

I have added pre-posting to the PP1 posting control for both CIP and Flag.  However, I am not able to add them to the transaction line.  

Can this be done?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @CorBarbaL 

Remove your matching record on Supplier Payment. Navigate to Report Supplier Ledger Item view. Find your record and add preposting with RMB function. After then repeat your payment transaction.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi

Thank you.  I went to add the pre-posting. However, it did not put it on the actual line. I need it to post to the line for the automatic posting.  

It looks like something is stopping it from allowing it to post to the line. 

Please note that the account has been set up for the code part Flag as Can. Therefore, it should allow the Flag to post to the line. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @CorBarbaL 

Since the matched invoice is populated from ledger item using IP1, you cannot have any value that is not existing in original transaction.

Therefore after adding preposting on report supplier ledger item, you have to report the ledger item on the same window. This will create a new U function voucher. Your invoice will be reported from code string XYZ to code string XYZ+Values in preposting.

Once it is reposted, you can try to match with payment. It should then populate the preposting value.

Hope it is clear now

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

In posting control IP1, we have pre-posting set up.  On the invoice header, we put the pre-posting there.  It does not carry over.  When I went to the Supplier Ledger, RMB on the light and click Modify/Add Pre-posting, it is already there.  I clicked ok and it does not register. 

When I click repost, I get this error. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello

Go to payment types window and add 2 lines highlighted below.

Try one more time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi

I added the two lines and I reposted. This is what I received. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

As it is obvious in the warning message, no change in your string. Check it pls.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, 

I checked it and it did not work. The pre-posting did not post to the line. Could this be a cliche.