Solved

Supplier Payment against External/Manual Supplier Invoice

• 28 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We are moving in a brand new IFS database. We are currently testing the process to bring from our old ERP system the open supplier invoices in the new IFS so that we can eventually pay them.

So far we have been able to use the STDSIN2 external file template to import some test data. It creates the Manual Supplier Invoices under SUPPEXT Invoice type with the Invoice identity prefix being SX and in a PRELPOSTED status.

If we try to create a Supplier Payment against any of the SX Invoices we do not see them at all. 

I even tried to changed the invoice type to SUPPINV in the external file before the import. It thus create the invoices under the SI prefix. I see the manuel supplier invoices created directly in IFS  but none of the ones that I imported with the External Supplier Invoice Assistant.

Am I missing a step? Any help appreciated!

icon

Best answer by gumabs 28 March 2023, 23:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @clilouise 

Go to authorize invoices for payment window and manually authorize the invoices. Alternatively you can set automatic payment authorization field When Posted. Next invoices will be automatically set to PrelPostedAuth and you can pay them. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@gumabs 

It worked with manually authorize for payment!!!!!!

Since we have many to do, where do I set the automatic payment authorization to “when posted”?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

You can change basic data setup to “When Posted” on invoice tab of the suppliers, but it will affect future invoices. 

I don't know what is your current setup for supplier but i can describe options.

Option 1: If you have automatic payment authorization set to “No” on the supplier  then you must authorize them manually using authorize invoices for payment window. Then you will have PrelPostedAuth status for the invoices.

Option 2: If you have automatic payment authorization set to “At Final Posting” then you have 2 possibility. You can post invoices finally then you will have status PostedAuth. Or you can go to authorize invoices for payment window and trigger payment authorization manually, same as option 1.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you very much @gumabs for your help and the additional informatio.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Thank you very much @gumabs for your help and the additional informatio.

You are welcome. Just quick information for bulk update. you can go to authorize invoices for payment window. Click the field authorized, press CTRL+H (find and replace, like in excel) and find FALSE replace with TRUE.

It will automatically set all rows to TRUE which is authorized. Save the record and continue for payment