Question

Supplier Name in Arabic does not support ISO20022 Supplier Payment File.

• 29 November 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

We have implement in IFS in ME and China, when we have Supplier Names in Arabic or Chinese Language, SEPA XML files does not have name names in Arabic or Chinese Language in SUPPLIER_NAME tag and it shows ….. as Shown below. 

<SUPPLIER_NAME>.. - ............- IT ......</SUPPLIER_NAME>

Regards,

Kishore Nenwani

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @envkishon 

I think the header of your xml file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

Maybe you can post it here.

You have to encode it to ISO:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-6" standalone="yes"?>
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Or try to change it in the routing address and test it:

Example:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks. I will check and get back to you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

After modification in Routing Address, still it is not showing correct Supplier/Payee name in payment file. Main issue how we get correct Supplier/Payee name in “SEND_SEPA_CREDIT_TRANSFER.xml” file

Regards,

KN 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Can you make a screenshot of the header (of the same xml file)?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

Please confirm, how we  can change encoding.

Regards,

KN

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

OK, IFS doesn’t change the encoding parameter in the xml file. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

Can you please help me where we can change Encoding through Cust Layer.

Regards,

Kishore Nenwani

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @envkishon 

if I understood you correctly you want to change the xml layer, right?

Example for ISO20022:

If you did all changes you can click on Load to update your new layer.

I recommend you to create a new transformer and do this process.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi, 

I checked code, it is written in Java File, while creating Sepa XML.  Transformer is also applied on Sepa XML. 

Regards,

Kishore Nenwani

Badge +2

--- Copying below notes from Solution 300910 which has reported for the same issue.---

In the application the translations of the data elements are implemented as follows.

The application allows to enter data in any language. But when generating the XML file, the translations are handled based on the guidelines provided by EPC of handling Special character.

Through a previous correction, it has been made special characters and local language translations, disabled in the Name, Address and Remittance information tags due to many banks not allowed to receive files with special characters and local language translations under these elements. Most banks have rejected the files sent to the banks which had special characters and local language translations in the mentioned data elements.

Therefore, translations for the data elements in Name, Address and Remittance information has been made disabled for all the languages. The translations will be replaced by ‘.’ which is guided by the EPC guidelines.

The special characters and local language translations are enabled in data elements under Instruction for Creditor Agents and other parties .

Therefore, if the Customers Bank requires Chinese characters to be shown in the Name and Address fields, then this should be handled as a customization.

EPC in “EPC of handling Special character” refers to European Payments Council and you can find more information using below link.

https://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/

Based on the European Payments Council (EPC), published code of Best Practices_SEPA Requirements for an Extended Character Set ([SEPA Requirements for an Extended Character Set (UNICODE Subset) - Best Practices | European Payments Council|https://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu/document-library/guidance-documents/sepa-requirements-extended-character-set-unicode-subset-best]), the characters that are supported in SEPA related payment initiation is as follows.

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 / - ? : ( ) . , ' + Space

Accordingly, to adhere to the same, IFS application uses a character conversation tool via the method known as  ALLOWEDCHARS method in SepaServiceImpl.java  which converts the unsupported characters (eg: Chinese characters) to a full stop. Hence the Chinese characters in the supplier s name are converted to dots in the XML file.