Supplier Invoice workflow don't need the PO Matching

• 26 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 13 replies

Hi,

i try to install the Supplier Invoice Workflow with posting proposal.

The auto PO matching function isn’t working.

Do anyone have a document how the process should work?

Best regards,

Claud

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Sorry but document I have is huge.  Matching failures - I’ll list common reasons. 

See the supplier set up - Invoice area see the PO matching. Most common option is PO header. In this assume a PO is for 300 and the total received value is 100, the invoice for 100 will successfully match.  You can add tolerance.   Line level / receipt reference selection is a common mistake.  Both can work; however, the invoice needs to be entered in such a way as to support that process. For testing keep it simple at first and use PO header.  For example, if the supplier matching is set to consider receipt reference, and that’s not entered on the invoice IFS will not match. 

Invoice Recipient - The AP person ideally should be the invoice recipient (noted on the invoice).  That or they need to be super access in the invoice posting authorizer. Commonly AP supervisor would be super access not the general AP person. 

I believe the above is probably the most common causes. 

Check those and respond back. 

Best regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I have this basic data:

Comany: Posting Authorization: Automatic Autorization

Supplier: Po Matching Level: PO Header; Validate: PO Reference and Receipt Reference

Invoice Posting Authorizer: My Auth. ID have this basic data:

Yesterday i was confused because the finale posting Invoice Postion option was greyed out.

With the auto matching the PO should be linked automatically and we don’t need the option Purchasing/PO/Match. Now it works right, but i don’t changed any data. Confusing!

Thanks Thomas!!

Best regards,

Claud

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Could be a few reasons why an invoice did not allow final posting.   It must be balanced. And it must be fully authorized.   I see your invoice is fully authorized - (it must also be balanced as it cannot be fully authorized and out of balance). This may be why it would not “previously” allow the final posting. 

The next thing to work on would be to set up the authorization rules.   See a recent posting regarding authorization failure. I describe the two aspects of authorization - the routing rule (who authorizes) and the assigning rule (under what conditions).  It can be confusing at first but after that is straight forward (mostly). 

Best regards 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks Thomas!!

One more question, when i test the PO matching with a new created order there is no error. And everything is working.

But when I connect older orders (not used yet) the invoice runs on the following error.

Is it possible that this is due to the fact that I have activated the posting propsal yesterday? This option wasn’t activated when the older orders were created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I would be surprised if that was the case.  I really don’t know; I’ve never turned it on “after”.  I suspect that would not be the case, as I don’t foresee any logic on the purchasing side regarding SINWF and receiving transactions.  I’m wondering if the PO has any received not invoiced.   In other words, if the PO has no unmatched receipt value, you can’t match. Assuming you're in a TEST environment, you can look for other invoices same PO, and if not paid, cancel the invoice and re-enter. That should trigger matching attempt.  The turning ON of the posting proposal will create posting proposals but I don’t believe that triggers the automatic matching of previously entered invoices.    You can always trigger the matching process by editing a supplier invoice purchase order number. Example PO on invoice is 1234. It is saved.  Edit the PO number to 123 save. Then edit again to 1234. At save that will trigger matching again.  Note when changing the PO to 123 IFS will clear previous matching, then with the revised PO number it starts the process again. It’s a nice function when testing. 

Regards,