Solved

supplier invoice Workflow

• 7 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi

I have the following issue. All users who works in the accounting are part of the SINWOF Invoice workflow. now i have the issue if your in the posting proposal and you dont have a Posting line none of the accountants have access to the posting proposal since the Posting lines controls the authorization rules.

In order to prevent this issue i activated the following button.

If you now go into the posting proposal and delete the line and save, the system throws you out of the posting propsal and you cannot get in anymore. If i give the User the super access they can get into the posting propsal.

I rather dont want to give the user super access.

Now my question:

Is there a way where I can grant the accountants access to the posting propsal in order to go in and add a posting line? My opinion the accountant needs to have access to the posting proposal and add a posting line. Right now they cannot add a posting line since the invoice doesnt have a authorization rule yet since no posting line exists.

icon

Best answer by bytsophan 9 February 2022, 17:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In my way of thinking I describe the invoice recipient as the owner of the invoice.   If the user working the invoice is the invoice recipient that person can manage the invoice by entering posting lines.    

Similarly the superior user to the invoice recipient can also enter posting lines.  

In NA, it is very common that AP (accounts payable) work the invoice and that AP person is the invoice recipient.    AP does not need to have super access. 

The admin user can edit postings but this is not the same as creating new posting lines (invoice recipient and super access). 

In the below, Y can enter posting lines when Y is the invoice recipient. 

X can also enter posting lines when X or Y is the invoice recipient. 

Invoice recipient is added to the invoice automatically based on the supplier. It ca be changed during invoice entry.  I know some clients have created an event to set invoice recipient = user entering the invoice. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi, 

In my way of thinking I describe the invoice recipient as the owner of the invoice.   If the user working the invoice is the invoice recipient that person can manage the invoice by entering posting lines.    

Similarly the superior user to the invoice recipient can also enter posting lines.  

In NA, it is very common that AP (accounts payable) work the invoice and that AP person is the invoice recipient.    AP does not need to have super access. 

The admin user can edit postings but this is not the same as creating new posting lines (invoice recipient and super access). 

In the below, Y can enter posting lines when Y is the invoice recipient. 

X can also enter posting lines when X or Y is the invoice recipient. 

Invoice recipient is added to the invoice automatically based on the supplier. It ca be changed during invoice entry.  I know some clients have created an event to set invoice recipient = user entering the invoice. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi Thomas

What if the invoice Receipient is a group of persons?. The invoice receipient is defined in the supplier data and you can only define one user. the accountants are a group of people who works on Account payable. I solved it now this way that the user must change the receipient to his own user in order to add a posting line if no posting line existist.

Thank you Thomas

Best Regards

Sophal