Skip to main content
Question

Supplier invoice with multiple POs - project preposting

• 10 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I created a manual supplier invoice for 2 POs and matched the receipts. In general the project linked to the PO gets mapped on the PO preposting, inheriting it from the PO preposting.

Since I have done the invoice for 2 POs (for which project ID has the same value), the project ID does not get mapped from neither of the POs. How can I setup the system in order to have the project value automatically mapped in the supplier invoice preposting from one of the POs when the POs have the same project value ?

Thank you

Tanya

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@MelTanyaS isn’t Project Unique Procurement flag supposed to do just that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello @MelTanyaS 

If i understand you correctly, you want to have project ID on the invoice header as pre-posting.

If you entered pre-posting on PO lines level, this will only affect posting lines of the invoice connected to POs. If you want to have Project ID on the header of supplier invoice then you must select project ID on PO header. Once it is entered on PO header, it will be automatically fetched to supplier invoice. The PO must be in Planned status in order to select a project.

See example below.

It is automatically fetched to invoice header.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @Furkan Zengin 

Thank you for your quick reply; in general I don’t enter project on PO header, only on PO line and when invoice is created (from MHS workflow), it contains project ID on supplier invoice header preposting automatically 

But the system does not map the project ID on invoice header preposting when there are 2 POs in the manual invoice, which i find strange.

I understand your explanation and it makes sense to fill it in PO header preposting to have it mapped on invoice header prepostings; but in one case it works without it so now I wonder why its not when 2 PO lines are invoiced at once. If you have any idea as to how the system allows it in one case and not the other, would be grateful if you could share

Thank you 

Tanya

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello @MelTanyaS 

I don’t know what does MHS mean. I debugged it for you. IFS gets project ID with Man_Supp_Invoice_API.Get_Purchase_Project procedure. As long as you have the same project ID on the header of PO then it should bring the project ID correctly.

If you have different project IDs on 2 PO headers then it should give you such information. You must say Yes because when you say No then you cannot escape the PO Ref field.

If you have project ID for one of PO and dont have for the other PO then it should give you such information. If you say Yes then it will use the existing project ID if you say no then it will leave blank.

Can you share screenshot from your examples?

Hope this explains how it works

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @Furkan Zengin 

MHS is the Message Handling System which allow to send and receive electronic message within companies on IFS; for intercompany workflow we use it. 

As for the POs, i don’t add project on header but i add on line level and it gets mapped on supplier invoice header (only project code part works this way, for all the other code parts, they need to be filled on PO header to be mapped in SI header preposting) : this works fine on my side.

Preposting in header of PO left empty

Preposting on PO line level (from project connection on PO line)

Preposting on supplier invoice header : project mapped on supplier invoice header preposting

The issue arise when I have a manual supplier invoice with different POs (both POs in the invoice have same code string/ project) - then the system does not map any project on supplier invoice preposting header, only in the scenario of collective invoice. If 1 PO on invoice, the project filled on line of PO is inherited on the header of supplier invoice preposting, but if 2 POs with same project, it does not get mapped and since its same project I would like to have it mapped. 

I am still investigating this issue, thank you for your help and explanations :) 

Tanya