Question

Supplier invoice - header amount Vs. lines amount

• 28 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hello, 

Is there a possibility to get blocked while putting in the header of a manual supplier invoice that is different comparing to the total amount of the invoice lines. 

PS: there is an alert that tells the user about the difference, but, I would like to know if there is a configuration to get blocked if there is a difference.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The system will stop the final processing (final posting) of the invoice when header and line amounts do not match. 

So, yes, the system will eventually block this during the invoice posting process.

Best regards

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

as Thomas mentioned there is a kind of block since a invoice i only finally posted when the amounts are matching. To avoid such invoices to be paid you can setup on the suppliers that invoices are only authorized when they are finally posted. If they only preliminary posted they will not popup in the payment proposals.

You can get an overview for invoice not beeing authorized here for example:

Badge +5

Hello again, 

Thank you for your reply. 

However, the customer would like to block the posting and not the final posting. They would like to block the generation of an I voucher before coming to the J voucher.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Melinda,

what is the idea behind blocking an invoice to be preliminary posted ? Right now i cannot see the benefit from not registering an invoice in my bookkeeping that i received. I would be happy to understand the customers business case behind this requirement.

Here are some of my Pro’s that I would like to share with you:

Even if not having the cost side of the invoice correct the liability (and tax) will be posted and the invoice cannot get lost when beeing moved through the organisation to fix the issue why it cannot be posted finally. So your balances will be more accurate most probably.

With more digitalisation it is getting more and more common, to scan (OCR) and validate invoices against basic data from the ERP and import them into AP to process them. Every invoice will be registered and the three-way (PO/RECEIVAL/INVOICE) matching will be done in the ERP.