Solved

Significance of Account Matching window

• 16 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

Just wanted to know what is the significance of Account Matching window.

I mean what are the scenario's during which we can use the Account Matching window?? 

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 18 July 2022, 11:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

Account matching is a tool to connect debit entries to credit entries on specific accounts, indicating transactions which are “open” - not matched, constituting account’s balance. 
In case of supplier account, e.g., we have supplier ledger open items report showing invoices and payments creating balance. In case of non-ledger accounts we can use account matching to provide similar result - show transactions impacting the balance.

In my current solution, account matching is used to connect entries on capitalized expenses account (expense invoices and asset acquisitions) to indicate entries not yet allocated to fixed assets.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello, 

I am able to run the automatic matching for supplier account for exemple, but there are some accounts for which the background shows warning message “no matched transaction found” even if there are transactions that have to be matched for the period and account indicated (for ex revenue account).

Do you have any idea on the reason why this error message appears for some accounts ?

Thanks in advance for your help ​​​​​​​

Tanya