Solved

Sharing saved searches and folders

• 26 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have created some saved searches and saved them within a new folder.  How can I share these so that other users can access?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 26 October 2020, 19:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello -

You have the option to make global while saving.

Please let me know if you need a screenshot example.

Best,

Christy

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

By clicking this?

I have done that and checked with colleague who advises the search is not visible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The Global tick box only determines whether the search is visible on the view you first created or is also available on other related views (ie, Customer Order and Customer Orders).  It is still, however, for your personal profile only.  You can’t force these searches onto another user by ticking the Global box.

Any user can share an individual search using the Send to Colleague function from the search:

They will receive the task and can then save the search into their own personal profile.

For your scenario however, users will not be able to transfer folders to one another.  As an Admin however, you can modify the base profile of the users if that is what you want to do so that all see the same folder structure that you’ve created in your profile.

You can also find the custom node that you’ve created within the navigator and copy it from your profile and paste it into their profile - either the base or the individual personal profiles.

Userlevel 7

What @ShawnBerk showed you can also be done from form My Administration\Saved Searches where you have a ‘Share’ RMB. It will do the same thing (create a task) but allows you to send them from one screen rather than going to each individual screen.